- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, laid on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 15 3/4 x 11 11/16 inches (40 x 29.7 cm), Sheet: 13 1/8 x 8 3/4 inches (33.3 x 22.2 cm), Image: 6 3/16 x 5 1/8 inches (15.7 x 13 cm)
Collector's mark: Albert Maroni (Lugt 150b)
Lettered in black ink, center left: "N: H: Jacob Dr. de S: A: R: le Pe,, d'Eichstaedt."; center right: "Imp. Lith de G. Engelmann."; lower center: "Aloys Sennefelder | BAVAROIS | Inventeur de l'Art Lithographique | Hommage d'Admiration et d'Estime | d'un Dessinateur Français."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | cravat | man | portrait
- Associated People:
- Senefelder, Johann Alois (1771–1834), actor, playwright, and inventor of lithography
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.