The Ghost of Godiva
- ca. 1942
- Photomechanical process on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 8 7/8 inches (30.6 x 22.5 cm) and Image: 9 5/8 x 6 7/8 inches (24.4 x 17.5 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "The Ghost of Godiva. | A Fantasy of Coventry. | (Poem about Godiva protecting the town of Coventry)""; lower right: "MS Garratt (underlined)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ralph C. Garratt
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- churches | figures | fire | genre subject | horse (animal) | pageant | poem | protecting | sketches | spires
- Associated Places:
- Coventry | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Lady Godiva (11th century), noblewoman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.