The Mastif Fox
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Wood-engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/16 x 4 13/16 inches (7.7 x 12.3 cm), Image: 1 5/8 x 3 1/8 inches (4.2 x 8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on modern mount: "T. Bewick? | From block in the V+A museum | 'The Mastif Fox' - variation of cut | in 2nd ed.. h.280, 1824, of Bewick's 'History of Quadrupeds"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal | animal art | farm | fence | fox (animal) | geology | plants | rocks (landforms) | rooster | science | trees | windmill
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Mastif Fox, 1909
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.