Dog and the Shadow
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Wood-engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/16 x 4 1/8 inches (8.1 x 10.5 cm), Image: 2 3/16 x 2 3/4 inches (5.5 x 7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on modern mount, lower left: "Bewick? | Dog + the Shadow. [...]hen : to Aesop's Fables. | From block in the V. + A. Museum."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | clouds | dock | dog (animal) | fable | farm | lake | literary theme | plants | reflection | shadow | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, Dog and the Shadow, 1909
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.