Dog and the Shadow
- Part Of:
- Woodcut on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/16 x 4 1/8 inches (8.1 x 10.5 cm) and Image (octagon): 2 3/16 x 2 3/4 inches (5.5 x 7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on modern mount, lower left: "Bewick? | Dog + the Shadow. [...]hen : to Aesop's Fables. | From block in the V. + A. Museum."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | clouds | dock | dog (animal) | fable | farm | lake | plants | reflection | shadow | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, Dog and the Shadow, 1909
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.