- The Arms of Glasgow
- Woodcut on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/16 x 3 3/4 inches (7.8 x 9.6 cm) and Image: 1 5/8 x 2 3/8 inches (4.2 x 6.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on modern mount, on front: "Bewick (underlined) | The Arms of Glasgow | From block in V. + A. Museum"
Lettered, in black ink, center of image: "LET GLASGOW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | barrels | casks | crest | cushion | field | fruit | heraldic motif | historical subject | ribbon | rose (plant) | shield | still life | straw, wheat | sword | tree | vegetables
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Arms of Glasgow, 1909
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.