The Arms of Glasgow
- Woodcut on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/16 x 3 3/4 inches (7.8 x 9.6 cm) and Image: 1 5/8 x 2 3/8 inches (4.2 x 6.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on modern mount, on front: "Bewick (underlined) | The Arms of Glasgow | From block in V. + A. Museum"
Lettered, in black ink, center of image: "LET GLASGOW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | barrels | casks | crest | cushion | field | fruit | heraldic motif | historical subject | ribbon | rose (plant) | shield | still life | straw, wheat | sword | tree | vegetables
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Arms of Glasgow, 1909
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.