The History of the Blind Beggar of Bethnal Green
- Former Title(s):
Illustrations used for 17th Century Chapbook
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Woodcut on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 5 inches (15.9 x 12.7 cm), Image: 3 9/16 x 2 13/16 inches (9 x 7.2 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "From block in the V. + A. museum. | Illus.n. to 17th cent. chap. book, 1715. | 'The History of the Blind Beggar | of Bethnal Green.' "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beggar | blind | blind | church | coins | dog (animal) | dress | fable | farm | farmers | genre subject | historical subject | house | man | money | mountain | peasants | staff | woman
- Associated Places:
- Bethnal Green | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, The History of the Blind Beggar of Bethnal Green, 1909
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.