Illustrations used for 17th Century Chapbook
- Woodcut on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 4 1/2 inches (15 x 11.4 cm) and Image: 3 15/16 x 3 3/16 inches (10 x 8.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on modern mount, on front, lower left: "Block (used for 17th cent. chap. book.) | Formerly colln. of John White, writer | and publisher. Newcastle-on-tyne. 1708-1769"
Lettered, in black in, center of image: "~O~PARSON~HAVE~I~CAVGHT~YOU"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | chores | eating | family | farmers | farming | farms | fields | fire | gardening | genre subject | growing | peasants | spits | trees | wheat straw
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, ( related to Thomas Bewick material ), Illustrations used for 17th Century Chapbook, 1909
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.