Illustrations used for 17th Century Chapbook
- Woodcut on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/16 x 3 7/16 inches (13.8 x 8.7 cm) and Image: 2 3/4 x 2 3/16 inches (7 x 5.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on modern mount, on front, lower left: "From block in the V. + A. Museum. | Formerly in colln. of John White, | writer + publisher at Newcastle | on-Tyne, 1708-1769. | Block was used in 17th Cent. chap.bk | + probaby belongs to an earlier date."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | armor | bridle | helmet | horse (animal) | jousting | jumping | knight (landholder) | plume | rearing (horse) | soldier | sporting art | sword
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, ( related to Thomas Bewick material ), Illustrations used for 17th Century Chapbook, 1909
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.