- The Brook
- Wood-engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 3 7/16 x 4 7/16 inches (8.7 x 11.3 cm) and Image: 2 x 3 7/16 inches (5.1 x 8.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Edw. Calvert. F. 7. 3rd. st."; lower right: "The Brook."; on back, lower left: "The Brook"; on back, lower center, written vertically upwards: "5 (encircled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bees | brook | buckets (vessels) | carrying | cottage | dresses | flowers (plants) | forest | genre subject | gowns | hair | hill | house | insects | jars | labor | landscape | path | pitchers | pose | river | sheep | stream | thatched roof | thatching | trees | urns | water | wind | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, v.1: p. 202, no. 388a, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Calvert, 1799–1883, British, The Brook, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.