- The Chamber Idyll
- Wood-engraving on thin, smooth, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 3 7/16 inches (5.4 x 8.8 cm) and Image: 1 5/8 x 3 1/16 inches (4.2 x 7.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "ECalvert .F. 10"; lower right: "The Chamber Idyll"; on back, center right, written vertically downwards: "9" (encircled); on back, lower center: "The Chamber Idyll"; on back, lower right: "MH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apples | architectural subject | basket | beams (structural elements) | bed | bedroom | blankets (coverings) | book | bull | casement windows | corn | cow | dark | evening | food | fruit | genre subject | hill | interior (space) | landscape | man | night | nudes | ox | pillow | pot | sheep | shepherd's crook | sickle | stars | tools | trees | wheat | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, v.1: p. 202, no. 388b, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Calvert, 1799–1883, British, The Chamber Idyll, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.