View of Pont St. Michel from Pont Neuf
- Soft-ground etching, first engraver's proof, touched in graphite by the artist on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 x 16 1/2 inches (22.7 x 41.9 cm) and Image: 7 x 14 3/4 inches (17.8 x 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, recto, lower center: "<Pont St. Michel>" [bottom half of words cut off with sheet]; in graphite, recto, lower right: "A 4"; in graphite, recto, upper right: "<MH>"; and in graphite, verso, lower left: "MH"
Recto, lower right: "Drawn Etched & Pubd by T. Girtin June 28th 1802"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | carriages | carts | cathedral | church | cityscape | deciduous trees | horses (animals) | island | people | river
- Associated Places:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | Europe | France | Paris | Pont Neuf | Pont Saint Michel | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Creative Printmaker (Joseph and Margaret Muscarelle Museum of Art, 1986-03-05 - 1986-04-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Creative Printmaker (Yale Center for British Art, 1985-07-09 - 1985-09-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]