- Additional Title(s):
Folding the Last Sheep
- Etching with plate tone on thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 8 1/2 inches (25.8 x 21.6 cm), Plate: 4 7/8 x 4 9/16 inches (12.4 x 11.6 cm), and Image: 3 15/16 x 3 3/16 inches (10 x 8.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left below plate marks: "A. 4 ii"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "H"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Colln. A. H. Palmer. | Martin Hardie | M.H." ("A. H. Palmer." and "Martin Hardie" underlined); inscribed in graphite, lower left of verso: "Martin Nardie [sic]. (required for Exhibition)"
Lettered lower right within image: "S PALMER" (very indistinct); lettered lower right within image: "S. Palmer."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barn | children | Christmas | cottage | dog (animal) | doorway | farm | interior | moon | night | sheep | thatch | trees | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Rachel Campbell-Johnston, Mysterious wisdom, the life and work of Samuel Palmer , Bloomsbury, London; New York, 2011, p. 243, NJ18 P19 C36 2011 (YCBA)