The Weary Ploughman
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint on thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/16 x 11 9/16 inches (21.5 x 29.4 cm), Plate: 7 5/8 x 10 3/8 inches (19.3 x 26.4 cm), and Image: 5 3/16 x 7 15/16 inches (13.2 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left below plate marks: "First proving | July 3 58"; inscribed in graphite, lower center below plate marks: "A. 8 i."; inscribed in graphite, lower right below plate marks: "No 4"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "7"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bag | branch | calf (animal) | cattle | clouds | cows | dog (animal) | farming | fatigue | genre subject | hat | herdsman | hills | houses | labor | lamb | landscape | moon | mountain | night | oxen | path | road | rocks (landforms) | roofs | smoke | staff | sunset | trees | village
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Weary Ploughman, 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.