Holy Island Cathedral
- Part Of:
- Engraving (electrotype proof) on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 15 inches (27.9 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 1/2 inches (20.6 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 3/8 inches (17.8 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: "Proof from the original Liber copper plate (in halves) belonging to Charles Turner Son, after the mezzotint had been polished off"; "This is from the two pieces (only 1 or 2 proofs taken) | they were afterwards joined up, & and electrotype | made for Frank Short."; "The mezzotint was taken off by Frank Short"; "F.S."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Published by Sir Frank Short, 1857–1945, British, Holy Island Cathedral, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.