- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink 2nd state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 16 1/4 inches (28.3 × 41.3 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/4 × 10 1/8 inches (18.4 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "6"; lower right: "Turner's Liber Studiorum | R.6 2nd State | J"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "2nd State"
Lettered above image: "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | JASON. | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | bone | brass | cave | cliff | dragon | fight with the dragon; Jason sprinkles a drug in its eyes, possibly assisted by Medea | grass | hill | man | religious and mythological subject | rock | serpent | skeleton | tree | trunk
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Jason, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.