- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 × 15 inches (48.3 × 38.1 cm), Image: 17 5/16 × 14 7/8 inches (44 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "14501 (encircled and crossed out) | 31035 (encircled)"; on back, lower center: "76 [...]te | [...]upers(?)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "L. F. Abbott, Pinxit."; lower center: "VALENTINE GREEN. | Published Octr,, 16th; 1788, by V. & R. Green, Newman Street, Oxford Street, London."; lower right: "Seipsum Sculpsit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | coat | collar | cravat | man | portrait | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Green, Valentine (1739–1813), engraver and publisher
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.