Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Malvolio abusing Maria, Fabian and Sir Toby, 1822
Malvolio abusing Maria, Fabian and Sir Toby
- Part Of:
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, gouache, and oil, partly varnished on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 4 5/16 inches (15.5 x 11 cm) and Image: 5 1/4 x 4 inches (13.3 x 10.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Act 3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belts | bench | breeches | castle | collars | dress | figure study | flowers (plants) | garden | hats | plays by William Shakespeare | tights | trees | Twelfth Night; or, What You Will, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Malvolio (character in Twelfth Night)
Maria (character in Twelfth Night)
Sir Toby Belch
Fabian (character in Twelfth Night)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.