IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Juliet About to Take her Sleeping Draught, 1825
Juliet About to Take her Sleeping Draught
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Romeo and Juliet
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, gouache, and oil, partially varnished on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper pasted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (16.5 x 11.5 cm), Image: 5 1/4 x 4 1/16 inches (13.4 x 10.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "(arrow)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | boxes | curtains | drapery | dress | figure study | girl | literary theme | plays by William Shakespeare | Romeo and Juliet, play by William Shakespeare | sheets | sleeping | veil
- Associated People:
- Juliet (character in Romeo and Juliet)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Shakespeare and British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-04-23 - 1981-07-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.