IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Falstaff with Mistress Quickly and Bardolph, 1825
Falstaff with Mistress Quickly and Bardolph
- Additional Title(s):
'Henry IV, Part I,' Act III, Scene III
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Henry IV, Part I
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, gouache and oil, partially varnished on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper pasted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 x 4 3/8 inches (15.3 x 11.1 cm), Image: 5 3/8 x 4 1/16 inches (13.6 x 10.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Act 3 | Scene 3"; lower center: "3d"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actors | arguing | cape | feather | figure study | gesturing | hat | Henry IV Part I, Act II, Scene II | Henry IV, part I by William Shakespeare | inn | literary theme | men | obese | play | plays by William Shakespeare | pointing | sitting | tavern | thieves | woman
- Associated People:
- Mistress Quickly (character in Henry IV, Part I)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Sir John Falstaff
Bardolph (character in Henry IV, parts I and II)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Shakespeare and British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-04-23 - 1981-07-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.