- The Methodist Tailor Caught in Adultery
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 16 1/16 inches (28.2 x 40.8 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 14 3/8 inches (25 x 36.5 cm), and Image: 8 7/8 x 13 1/4 inches (22.6 x 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "41883 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Printed for Robt. Sayer, Map & Printseller, No. 53 in Fleet Street."; lower center: "The Methodist Taylor caught in Adultery"; lower right: "Cabbage Sculpt,, | Publish'd as the Act directs July 21. 1768."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adultery | attic (interior space) | bed (furniture) | bedroom | Bible | blanket (covering) | bonnets (hats) | books | breeches (trousers) | candle | caricature | casement windows | chairs | costume | door | dresses | flowers (plants) | genre subject | hats | humor | husband | interior | jewelry | laughing | man | Methodist | necklace | necktie | papers (document genres) | parody | pillows | satire | servant | shame | table | tailor | vase | wife | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (Cabbage ), The Methodist Tailor Caught in Adultery, 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.