Statue Hall or the Modern Register Office
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 15 13/16 inches (28 x 40.2 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 13 15/16 inches (24.8 x 35.4 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 13 5/16 inches (22.2 x 33.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "41884 (circled)"
Lettered, lower left: "London, Printed for Robt Sayer; Map & Printseller, No.53 in Fleet Street"; lower center: "Statue Hall or the Modern Register Office"; lower right: "M Darly Ext | Published as the Act directs APril 10, 1769"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets | cabinets | caricature | clerks | couples | desks | genre subject | gesturing | government | hats | holding | humor | judges | men | notices | office | old | papers | pushing | register | ruffles | satire | signs | sitting | standing | town hall | women | youth
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Matthew Darly, active 1754–1778, British, Statue Hall or the Modern Register Office, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.