View of Tonbridge During the Late Election, December 18, 1832
- after 1832
- Lithograph with hand coloring on thick, slightly textured, cream card with cream chine collé
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 11 9/16 x 16 7/16 inches (29.3 x 41.7 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 11 1/8 x 16 1/16 inches (28.3 x 40.8 cm), and Image: 8 15/16 x 14 15/16 inches (22.7 x 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "10 5/8 x 15 1/4"; on back, lower right: "R 9056 | new | £30"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "VIEW OF TONBRIDGE DURING THE LATE ELECTION, DECR. 18, 1832. | To Thos Law Hodges Esqre. Mo. P. and Thos Rider Esqre M L this View is by permission inscribed | by their obedient Servants | J. and C. Dodd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bell tower | bonnets (hats) | boys | buildings | carriage | children | cityscape | clock | coats | columns (architectural elements) | costume | dog (animal) | drum (musical instrument) | election | flags | frock coats | genre subject | gowns | hats | historical subject | men | mountains | municipal buildings | pillars | politicians | politics | shawls | square | stores | street | tailcoats | top hats | town | trousers | trumpet | voting | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | Tonbridge | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Josiah Dodd, 1809–1894, British, View of Tonbridge During the Late Election, December 18, 1832, after 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.