River Stour, Suffolk
- Additional Title(s):
Barges on the Stour, Gleams of Light on the Meadows
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint; printer's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 x 12 3/4 inches (25.4 x 32.4 cm), Plate: 7 x 9 7/8 inches (17.8 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 x 8 3/4 inches (14.3 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "n.c."; in graphite, lower right: "3 | 1 | 7"
Lettered lower left: "Painted by John Constable R.A."; lower center: " RIVER STOUR. SUFFOLK | London. Pubd. by Mr. Constable 35 Charlotte St. Fitzroy Square. 1831."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridge (built work) | children | cottage | fishing | landscape | rowboats | sailboats | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Stour | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, River Stour, Suffolk, 1831