River Stour, Suffolk
- Additional Title(s):
Barges on the Stour, Gleams of Light on the Meadows
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 1/4 inches (26 x 36.2 cm), Plate: 7 x 9 7/8 inches (17.8 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 x 8 3/4 inches (14.3 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "23B"
Lettered lower left: "Painted by John Constable R.A."; lower center: " RIVER STOUR SUFFOLK. | London. Pub. by Mr. Constable 35 Charlotte St. Fitzroy Square. 1831."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Stour | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Timothy J. Barringer, Picturesque and sublime : Thomas Cole's trans-Atlantic inheritance, Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 2018, pp. 116-19, no. 15, NJ18 .C67 B37 2018 (LC) YCBA