- Henry Bennet, 1st Earl of Arlington
- Engraving on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/16 × 7 1/4 inches (28.4 × 18.4 cm) and Image: 9 3/16 × 6 7/8 inches (23.3 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.1 P.21"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "3.Vol 303 575 Life 124 Cont. 182.228 305 | 404.470"
Lettered, lower center: "The Effigies of the Right Honble Henry Bennet Earle | and Baron of Arlington Viscount Thetford Knight of the most | noble order of the Garter Lord Chamberlaine of his Majesty's Household and one of the Lords of his most Honourable | Privy Councell & c. "; lettered, lower center: "HONI SOIT QUI: M | HAUD FACILE EMERGUNT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Henry Bennet, 1st Earl of Arlington, 1670-1700
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.