Study for a Relief with Romanesque Figures
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and gray ink, brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Image: 1 1/4 × 8 3/8 inches (3.2 × 21.3 cm), Sheet: 4 5/16 × 10 9/16 inches (11 × 26.8 cm), Mount: 10 × 14 3/8 inches (25.4 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "4 - 0"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "27 - 11"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "27.11 | 4.0"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Study for a Relief with Romanesque Figures, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.