Studies From a French MSS Bible Registry
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink, graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 × 15 1/16 inches (24.9 × 38.3 cm), Mount: 12 1/2 × 10 1/16 inches (31.8 × 25.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Bridegroom"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "French MSS. | Bibl. Reg. 20. D.I. | Date 13th Century"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: "Lamp | Queen's Horse"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center right: "Battle | axe"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Letters"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Studies From a French MSS Bible Registry, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.