- Studies from Cotton MSS Nero
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, thick, smooth, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 7 1/4 inches (23.2 × 18.4 cm) and Mount: 12 9/16 × 10 inches (31.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Cotton MSS | Nero D.I. | Date 13th Century | written by Matth. Paris"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Bed Pillow"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Spade | Axe"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Pick axe"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "Compasses | Square | 2 feet long"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center right: "Shrine"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Peridot | Pope"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Studies from Cotton MSS Nero, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.