figure Studies for Medieval Noble Life
- Part Of:
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, moounted on, thick, smooth, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 7 5/16 inches (23.2 × 18.6 cm) and Mount: 12 3/4 × 10 inches (32.4 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Doing homage"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Noble"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Letter"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: "Child"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center right: "Throne | Lampt"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Chair"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Prow of Velpel"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, figure Studies for Medieval Noble Life, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.