- Sunlight and Shadows
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite, pen and black ink, gray ink, brown ink, and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/8 x 22 3/8in. (46 x 56.8cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "[Cauras] | 11"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Syca..?] | No. 8 l[...] | ['twhith-benl?]"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Edward Bawden | 1936"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | landscape | road | shadows | sunlight | trees | walls
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Bawden, 1903–1989, British, Sunlight and Shadows, 1936
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.