Sunlight and Shadows
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite, pen and black ink, gray ink, brown ink, and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/8 x 22 3/8in. (46 x 56.8cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "[Cauras] | 11"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Syca..?] | No. 8 l[...] | ['twhith-benl?]"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Edward Bawden | 1936"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | landscape | road | shadows | sunlight | trees | walls
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.