IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Tempest, 1821
- Part Of:
- Engraving on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 7 1/2 inches (27.9 x 19.1 cm), Plate: 10 x 7 3/8 inches (25.4 x 18.7 cm), Image: 4 x 3 1/4 inches (10.2 x 8.3 cm)
center left: "Painted by R. Smirke R. A."; center right: "Engraved by Cha.s Heath"; lower center: "TEMPEST."; lower center: "LONDON. | PUBLISHED BY RODWELL & MARTIN, BOND STREET. | 1821. | Printed by Mc Queen & Co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fur | literary theme | log | loincloth | play | The Tempest, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.