Frontispiece Vol. VII, No. I for 1775 from Town and Country Magazine
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 11/16 × 3 9/16 inches (17 × 9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "shoot Folly as if [...] | And [...] the living manners as they wise."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | globe (cartographic sphere) | laurel crown | looking glass | lyre | putti | quiver | religious and mythological subject | tree
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Taylor, 1730–1807, British, Frontispiece Vol. VII, No. I for 1775 from Town and Country Magazine, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.