Frontispiece Vol. VII, No. I for 1775 from Town and Country Magazine
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 11/16 × 3 9/16 inches (17 × 9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "shoot Folly as if [...] | And [...] the living manners as they wise."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | globe (cartographic sphere) | laurel crown | looking glass | lyre | putti | quiver | religious and mythological subject | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Taylor, 1730–1807, British, Frontispiece Vol. VII, No. I for 1775 from Town and Country Magazine, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.