IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Barry, 1741–1806, Irish, Repose in Egypt, ca. 1776
Repose in Egypt
- ca. 1776
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 10 9/16 inches (20.6 x 26.8 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 10 7/16 inches (20.2 x 26.5 cm), Image: 7 3/8 x 10 3/8 inches (18.8 x 26.4 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Jam.s Barry Pinxt."; lower center: "Repose in Egypt"; lower right: "A. M Sct"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | Bible | book | child | children | Christian | cloak | family | halos | husband | man | New Testament | pyramids | reading | reeds | religious and mythological subject | resting | sitting | skirt | the rest on the flight into Egypt | wife | woman
- Associated Places:
- Associated People:
Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
" Pearls to Pyramids " - Britain and the " Orient " 1600-1820 (Yale Center for British Art, 2008-02-07 - 2008-04-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Pearls to pyramids : British visual culture and the Levant, 1600-1830 [wall labels], Yale Center for British Art, 2008, p. 34, V 2576 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Pearls to pyramids : British visual culture and the Levant, 1600-1830, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2008, p. 16, V1880 [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.