- Sketches for Capitals of Columns and Mosaic Squares at Alhambra
- 1775 to 1776
- Graphite, gray wash, gray ink, black ink and pen on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 11 1/8 × 16 3/8 inches (28.3 × 41.6 cm) and Sheet: 7 7/8 × 6 3/8 inches (20 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Caipals | in the | Lions Court"; iinscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Squares of Mosaic in the | [Putward] Court; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center "Squares of Mosaic | in the Children's Bath"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Swinburne, 1743–1803, British, Sketches for Capitals of Columns and Mosaic Squares at Alhambra, 1775 to 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.