- Plan of the Ports & Environs of Taranto, Italy
- 1777 to 1779
- Pen and black ink, gray wash and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 11 1/8 × 16 3/8 inches (28.3 × 41.6 cm), Sheet: 8 7/8 × 9 7/8 inches (22.5 × 25.1 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 × 9 11/16 inches (14.6 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and and brown ink, lower left: "scale of two Italian miles"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Plan of teh Ports & Environs of TARANTO. taken from that of Berger in the | Delizie Tarantine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Swinburne, 1743–1803, British, Plan of the Ports & Environs of Taranto, Italy, 1777 to 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.