- View from the Gallows Hill
- Pen and brown ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 11 × 16 1/4 inches (27.9 × 41.3 cm) and Sheet: 5 3/16 × 15 inches (13.2 × 38.1 cm)
Insccribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "[Sur?] mer from the Gallows Hill"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Swinburne, 1743–1803, British, View from the Gallows Hill, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.