Verona, Hay Barge on the Medway, and a Calvary (three prints)
- Additional Title(s):
Verona, Hay Barge on the Medway & a Calvary (3 prints)
- after 1833
- Transfer lithograph on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 8 1/8 inches (26.4 x 20.6 cm), Image: 9 3/4 x 6 7/8 inches (24.7 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Boys, Thomas Shotter | Three Studies"
signed in plate, within upper left image, lower left, in building: "RPB 1814"; signed in plate, within sideways lower image, lower center: "T. Boys 1833"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | awning windows | balconies | barge | boat | buildings | Calvary crosses | capes (outerwear) | cathedral | church | cityscape | costume | cross (object) | dresses | fence | genre subject | kneeling | marine art | men | path | prayer | praying | river | road | sailboat | sails | seamen | statue | stores | street | trees | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Medway | Veneto | Verona
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Verona, Hay Barge on the Medway, and a Calvary (three prints), after 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.