Verona, Hay Barge on the Medway, and a Calvary (three prints)
- Additional Title(s):
Verona, Hay Barge on the Medway & a Calvary (3 prints)
- after 1833
- Transfer lithograph on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 8 1/8 inches (26.4 x 20.6 cm) and Image (three images): 9 3/4 x 6 7/8 inches (24.7 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Boys, Thomas Shotter | Three Studies"
signed in plate, within upper left image, lower left, in building: "RPB 1814"; signed in plate, within sideways lower image, lower center: "T. Boys 1833"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | awning windows | balconies | barge | boat | buildings | Calvary crosses | capes (outerwear) | cathedral | church | cityscape | costume | cross (object) | dresses | fence | genre subject | kneeling | marine art | men | path | prayer | praying | river | road | sailboat | sails | seamen | statue | stores | street | trees | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Medway | Veneto | Verona
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Verona, Hay Barge on the Medway, and a Calvary (three prints), after 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.