Chateau des Comtes de Flandre, Ghent
- Former Title(s):
Stone Gateway and Street Scene
An Unidentified Gateway
- Part Of:
- ca. 1833
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 x 9 15/16 inches (35.3 x 25.2 cm), Plate: 11 3/16 x 7 11/16 inches (28.4 x 19.6 cm), Image: 6 5/16 x 7 1/16 inches (16 x 17.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "J. B. 2. W. Collor."
Lettered inside image, center right: "T. BOYS"; lower right: "W9"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | bonnets (hats) | buildings | castle | children | city | cityscape | costume | dogs (animals) | doors | dresses | figures | gateway | gesture | men | parasol | pointing | road | store | street | umbrella | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | East Flanders | Flanders | Ghent | Gravensteen
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Chateau des Comtes de Flandre, Ghent, ca. 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.