Chateau des Comtes de Flandre, Ghent
- Former Title(s):
Stone Gateway and Street Scene
An Unidentified Gateway
- Part Of:
- ca. 1833
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 x 9 15/16 inches (35.3 x 25.2 cm), Plate: 11 3/16 x 7 11/16 inches (28.4 x 19.6 cm), and Image: 6 5/16 x 7 1/16 inches (16 x 17.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "J. B. 2. W. Collor."
signed in plate, center right, in building: "T. BOYS (S written backwards)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | bonnets (hats) | buildings | castle | children | city | cityscape | costume | dogs (animals) | doors | dresses | figures | gateway | gesture | men | parasol | pointing | road | store | street | umbrella | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | East Flanders | Flanders | Ghent | Gravensteen
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Chateau des Comtes de Flandre, Ghent, ca. 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.