- The Macarony Brothers
- Line engraving, stipple engraving, and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 8 3/16 inches (27.9 x 20.8 cm), Plate: 7 11/16 x 5 3/8 inches (19.6 x 13.7 cm), and Image: 5 11/16 x 4 13/16 inches (14.5 x 12.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "41889 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brandoin pinxt."; lower center: "THE MACARONY BROTHERS. | London, Printed for Robt. Sayer, No. 53, Fleet Street, & J. Smith, No. 35, Cheapside, as the Act directs, 25 July, 1772."; lower right: "Caldwall sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches (trousers) | brocade | brothers | caricature | chain | coats | costume | cravats | fashion | frills | genre subject | hats | humor | leash | macaronis | men | monkey (animal) | parody | pipe (smoking equipment) | ruffles | satire | smoke | smoking | staff (walking stick) | sword | tricornes | waistcoats | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Caldwall, 1739–1819, British, The Macarony Brothers, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.