Portrait of Fuseli
- Additional Title(s):
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 11/16 x 11 inches (39.8 x 27.9 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 x 9 1/16 inches (27.6 x 23 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 x 6 7/16 inches (19.4 x 16.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "J/."; on back, upper left: "D. 46"; on back, lower right: "3/ | 25A"
Lettered in black ink, lower center, along lower center border of oval image: "Bromley Sculpt."; lower center: "HENRY FUSELI."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bracelet (jewelry) | chair | coat | costume | cravat | man | oval | painter | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Fuseli, Henry (1741–1825), painter and writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bromley, 1769–1842, British, Portrait of Fuseli, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.