- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving, hand colored with watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/16 x 21 1/8 inches (38.9 x 53.6 cm), Plate: 11 3/8 x 16 5/8 inches (28.9 x 42.2 cm), Image: 10 3/8 x 15 13/16 inches (26.4 x 40.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "74"; on back, upper left: "£12.12"; on back, upper right: "PMF"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brooking Pinxt."; lower center: "A Calm [swirled mark] | Publish'd according to Act of Parliamt. & Sold by J. Boydell Engraver, at the Unicorn the Corner of Queen Street Cheapside London 1754"; lower right: "Jno. Boydell Sculp. [swirled mark]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels (containers) | boats | cannons (artillery) | clouds | dock | galleons | labor | marine art | men | peace | rowboats | sailboats | sails | sea | seamen | ships | smoke | yachts
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.