A Small Breeze
- Etching and line engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 x 20 1/16 inches (36.2 x 50.9 cm), Plate: 11 9/16 x 16 1/2 inches (29.3 x 41.9 cm), and Image: 10 1/2 x 15 3/4 inches (26.6 x 40 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "L"; in orange ink, lower right: "S4"; in graphite, on back, upper left: "166/I"; on back, upper right: "15 Gno"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brooking Pinxt"; lower center: "A Small Breeze | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, & Sold by Jno. Boydell Engraver, at the Unicorn the Corner of Queen Street Cheapside London"; lower right: "Thos. Boydell Sculp, Hanarden 1753."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeze | clouds | flags | galleons | hills | marine art | Royal Navy | sailboats | sails | sea | seamen | ships | Union Jack | wind | yachts
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Boydell, active 1750–1751, A Small Breeze, 1753
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.