- Greenland Fishery
- Etching and line engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/16 x 20 3/16 inches (36.3 x 51.3 cm), Plate: 11 9/16 x 16 1/2 inches (29.4 x 41.9 cm), and Image: 10 9/16 x 15 7/8 inches (26.9 x 40.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "166/MA."; on back, upper right: "[...] Gno (torn off)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brooking Pinx"; lower center: "Greenland Fishery [swirled mark] | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, & Sold by J Boydell, Engraver at the Unicorn ye corner of Queen Street Cheapside, London 1754. _"; lower right: "Boydell Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | clouds | cold | fishing | flags | galleons | harbor | hunting | ice | killing | labor | marine art | men | oars | polar bears | rowboats | rowing | sails | sea | seamen | ships | snow | spear | Union Jack | water | whales | whaleships | whaling
- Associated Places:
- Greenland | North and Central America
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Boydell, 1720–1804, British, Greenland Fishery, 1754
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.