- Etching and line engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/16 x 20 3/16 inches (36.3 x 51.3 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 x 16 9/16 inches (29.8 x 42.1 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 15 15/16 inches (27.1 x 40.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "L"; on back, upper left: "166/ I"; on back, upper right: "15 Gm."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brooking Pinx_"; lower center: "Evening. [swirled mark] | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, & Sold by J,, Boydell Engraver, at the Unicorn the Corner of Queen Street in Cheapside, London 1755. _"; lower right: "J. Boydell Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cliffs | clouds | evening | flags | galleons | marine art | navy | night | rowboats | Royal Navy | sails | sea | seamen | ships | Union Jack | waves (natural events) | wind | yachts
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.