- Etching and line engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (unevenly cropped): 14 5/16 x 20 3/16 inches (36.3 x 51.3 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 x 16 9/16 inches (29.8 x 42.1 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 15 15/16 inches (27.1 x 40.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "L"; on back, upper left: "166/ I"; on back, upper right: "15 Gm."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brooking Pinx_"; lower center: "Evening. [swirled mark] | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, & Sold by J,, Boydell Engraver, at the Unicorn the Corner of Queen Street in Cheapside, London 1755. _"; lower right: "J. Boydell Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cliffs | clouds | evening | flags | galleons | marine art | navy | night | rowboats | Royal Navy | sails | sea | seamen | ships | Union Jack | waves (natural events) | wind | yachts
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.