- Etching and line engraving, hand colored with watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 7/16 x 21 inches (39.2 x 53.4 cm), Plate: 11 7/16 x 16 5/16 inches (29.1 x 41.5 cm), and Image: 10 1/2 x 15 11/16 inches (26.6 x 39.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "£12.12"; on back, upper right: "PMF"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brooking Pinxt._"; lower center: "Noon _ | Publish'd according to Act of Parliamt. 1753, & Sold by J. Boydell Engraver, at the Unicorn the Corner of Queen Street, Cheapside London"; lower right: "J. Boydell Sculp. | 66"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boats | cliffs | clouds | dock | flags | French | galleons | marine art | men | men-of-war | navies | pier | rowboats | sails | sea | seamen | ships
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Boydell, 1720–1804, British, Noon, 1753
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.