- Mill near the Grand Chartreuse, Dauphiny
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 × 16 1/8 inches (27.9 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 1/8 inches (18.7 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "54. I"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "54. I"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex. G.E.Blood"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn by I.M.W.Turner R.A. | Engraved by H.Dawe | MILL near the GRAND CHARTREUSE; DAUPHINY. | Published Jany. 1, 1816, by Mr. Turner Queen Ann Street West."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Dawe, 1790–1848, British, Mill near the Grand Chartreuse, Dauphiny, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.