- ca. 1797
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 5/16 x 17 3/16 inches (33.8 x 43.7 cm), Plate: 11 9/16 x 15 1/2 inches (29.4 x 39.3 cm), Image: 9 1/2 x 14 5/16 inches (24.1 x 36.4 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Drawn & Etch'd by John Browne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | casement windows | church | cottage | distaff | dog (animal) | door | dresses | evening | genre subject | hats | hills | hut | landscape | log | man | river | ruins | sheep | shepherd | spinning (textile process) | staff (walking stick) | sun | sunlight | sunset | thatched roof | thatching | trees | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.