- Norham Castle on the Tweed
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's proof (g) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 16 1/2 inches (29.5 × 41.9 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "57"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "1st state, signed C Turner"
Collector's mark: "C" (circled); collector's mark: "PRQ?" (crown & belt)
Lettered above image: "P"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by I.M.W.Turner | Engraved by C.Turner | NORHAM CASTLE ON THE TWEED. | the Drawing in the Possession of the late Lord Lascells | Publish'd Jan 1, 1816, by I.M.W.Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "C Turner"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Norham Castle on the Tweed, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.