Mamma at Romps
- Colored aqutatint and stipple engraving, with etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 10 3/8 inches (34.2 x 26.4 cm), Plate: 13 1/16 x 9 15/16 inches (33.2 x 25.3 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 7 11/16 inches (27.1 x 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "29204"
Lettered, lower left: "A Buck Del.t | Which is by pleasure most beguil'd, | The Mother or her darling child: | As both pursue the playful game;"; lower center: "MAMMA AT ROMPS. | London, Published April 2nd, 1810 at R. Ackermann's Repository of Arts, 101 Strand"; lower right: "Freeman Sculp.t | The real Pleasure is the same. | For while the Infant smiles appear, | The Mother feels th'entraptur'd tear."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | children | clouds | dresses | family | garden | genre subject | mother | park (grounds) | playing | poem | ribbons | tree | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
A Regency Buck : Adam Buck (1759-1833) : an appreciation, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, 2015, p. 142, NJ18.B8675735 A12 D37 2015 (YCBA)