- Tenth Plague of Egypt
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 17 inches (30.2 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "61. I"; lower right: "DVC XII"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "61.1."; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex. G.E.Blood"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above imgage: "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by I.M.W.Turner Esq.R.A. | Engraved by W.Say Engraver to H R H the Duke of Gloucester | TENTH PLAGUE OF EGYPT | Published Jan 1. 1816 by I.M.W.Turner: Queen Ann Street West."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | cityscape | death | mourning | Old Testament | people | plague | religious and mythological subject | sons | stairs | the ten plagues (Exodus 7:14 - 11:10, 12:21-30) | towers | walls
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Tenth Plague of Egypt, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.